View Single Post
Old 2008-09-23, 12:58   Link #1
Coruja

The Medical Thread

I have no idea if we have one, but they can become quite handy.

Anyway, I have got a problem, and would like to know your opinions. I had surgery to remove a meibomian cyst (which is a cyst in the eyelid) about 9 months ago. I healed quite well back then, the surgery went fine, blabla.
The thing is, I *think* I have a recurring cyst. These past few days I have been suffering the same symptoms I had last time (painful and swollen eyelid, slightly itchy, etc) before I was diagnosed the cyst. Also, the swelling is located almost exactly where the cyst was last time, maybe 1/2 millimiters to the left. I am 97% sure it won't go away without surgery. Which is terrible, imo, as the surgery really hurt last time. I DON'T want to repeat it again. I'm terrified of it, and I have a high pain tolerance. Doctors don't bother me, but I hate everything that concerns the eyes. I have suffered from poor vision since I can remember and to me the eyes are really precious, fragile things. *Maybe* I should try a different eye doctor this time.

Anyone knows why these cysts may reocur? Also, what can I do to make these cysts disappear? I have read that warm compresses may work, if you do that treatment many times a day. Any tips? I will do anything to avoid another surgery!
(I wear contact lenses on a daily basis, by the way)

Last edited by Coruja; 2008-09-27 at 10:26.
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote