Thread: Licensed Vinland Saga
View Single Post
Old 2008-08-21, 08:24   Link #25
CygnusX

Woohoo for the release of chapter 42 till 45!

I discovered Vinland Saga not a week ago so was disappointed the releases had been put on hold, but now I'm so glad somebody picked this manga up for translation.

I've seen Vinland Saga compared to Berserk a lot before and even though Berserk will stay the king of action manga's for me, I really like Vinland Saga because, unlike Berserk, it stays realistically, without monsters or ridiculous transformations. I've been searching for a nice action manga like this because many other ones all start well but digress into unreal situations or even do it from the beginning (Berserk, Hellsing, Naruto, Claymore, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist, Gantz, DBZ ...). The only other ones I know that don't follow this pattern are Vagabond (which is at least as nice as vinland Saga imho) and Black Lagoon, for people who are looking for other not too unrealistic manga's.

About the recent chapters:
Spoiler:

It's kinda obvious how the story will progress now, still I'm really curious what plot twists will happen in the future, especially the Askeladd - Thorfinn relation.

Also what I really would like to see is some development for the real main character Thorfinn. It would be nice to see him learn some stuff and after a phew years see him grow into a more manly figure like his father.
CygnusX is offline   Reply With Quote