View Single Post
Old 2008-05-08, 08:46   Link #16
Cpl_Crud

1. Personality
1. Describe about yourself

I'm a guy that works far too much, but has an addictive personality. I ususally take on a lot more than I can handle and then kill myself to get it done.

2. Do tell what you disgusted the most in fansubbing?

Groups who lord themselves over others, doign stupid shit like holding subs to ransom, banning people for asking "routine" questions, and that kind of nonsense.

3. Do tell any attributes you like about fansubbing?
In most groups, the ability of everyone to jsut get along and produce something. There's a chemistry in every group that survives more than a couple of episodes, and that's a pretty cool thing to experince
4. What are your aliases or nicknames you've used in fansubbing?
Only ever this one, Cpl_Crud. I have a few more on IRC (Furude_Rika, Houjou_reika and so on) but I'm always credited as Crud.

2. Mission
1. Why do you fansub in the first place?

I was drunk and I wanted to be involved with the Higurashi translation

2. Why do you continue fansubbing?
An insane desire to finish started projects and also the warm fuzzy feeling you get after a release.

3. When are you into fansubbing?
'bout 2003

4. When do you start fansubbing?
Er, 2005?

5. Define fansub or state the mission of the fansub

To provide high-quality and accurate subtitles without compromise.

3. Groups
1. List your current group(s) and your position/job in that group(s)

Group Leader, We're in Deinal

2. List the Group(s) you've worked with now
WinD
3. List the Group(s) you've worked with in the past
Eh, I've had a lot of cameos, but never really more than a couple of episodes. I guess m33w was one I did some stuff for, and I've been hanging around Nameless crew for some time.

4. Do you freelance?
Nope. Not enough hours in the day.

4. Projects
1. What kind of series (genre) do you enjoy working on?

I prefer working on the slightly more obscure series, the ones with good storylines.

2. Do you work on any series that you don't like? If so, why working on them?

I've only ever done that a couple of times when I was helping out fledgling groups. I quickly dropped out of those and none of them exist anymore.

6. Jobs
1. What are your current fansubbing jobs

Head Editor, Higurashi Kai

2. Which fansubbing jobs can you do
Timing, editing, QC, basic typesetting.

3. What are your favorite fansubbing jobs
Editing. A lot of praise for little effort, but it does make a lot of difference.

4. Make a definition of the job you can do or your current fansubbing job briefly.

Taking the raw translation and turning it into something that captures the original story but is still enjoyable.

7. Other Plans
1. When are you planning to retire/quit from fansubbing?

I've considered it quite often, however whilst there's still Higurashi to sub, I think I'll be involved with that.
2. Are you planning to train other novice fansubbers so that they'll be just as good as you are?

I used to train a lot of people, but I jsut dont' have the time anymore. Many of the WinD staff started as novices with us, though.

3. Are you going to document everything what you did so that other people can get to know how to fansub better?

I tried once, but it's a lot of hard work, and I already write a hell of a lot, so probably no.
Cpl_Crud is offline   Reply With Quote