View Single Post
Old 2008-05-07, 20:51   Link #9
ths1138

Since everyone's replying, I might as well do it here too...

1a. Not much to describe. Your basic anime otaku and computer geek.
1b. Bad translations and bad english. Especially when people tell you about it and you don't take criticism and don't improve.
1c. Relatively good translations and good editing.
1d. Just the one that I'm using now - ths1138.

2a. I started fansubbing cause a bunch of guys I know requested me to. But I started off as a chinese sub translator encoding with VCDs.
2b. Now it's just a hobby for me. Though I've obviously improved and translating with Japanese and encoding with R2 DVD sources.
2c. I think I started somewhere around late 2000.
2d. I'm not sure what the difference between this question and the previous one.
2e. To present your own interpretation of an anime and the characters through proper translation and accurate editing.

3a. Currently in #anime-gundam (does everything), #AnimeCo (timer) and #TV-nihon (editor, raw provider, encoder, QC).
3b. If you refer to joint projects, then I'm working with SHS at the moment.
3c. I used to work for #anime-empire (c-sub translator). Also worked on joints with #Shinseiki-Illuminati and #Aoshi at one point, as well as #MSG.
3d. If people ask me nicely and I'm free to do it, sure.

4a. Currently working on all gundam series, although I have a personal project on hand.
4b. I don't see a point doing something I don't like, so no.

5a. I'm not exactly the one who started the group, but I guess I'm the one who's still keeping the group there. Also created a smaller branch off that group. I started the branch-off group to do licensed stuff but only those who don't mind will join. This way, if I get C&D letters, the original group can still remain.
5b. Hasn't collapsed, just... become really small? I'm not about to let it collapse.
5c. It's stalling cause I'm the only one doing most of the work. It's mainly a one-man show.
5d. No answer.

6a. I assume you mean the role in fansubbing? Currently I'm doing everything - Raw provider, Timer, Translator, Typesetter, Editor, Encoder, QCer, Distro, BT Seeder, FServe, Webmaster...
6b. As before, I can do everything.
6c. I guess I like to typeset, although I'm not really very creative at that. Especially since I'm still using SSA/ASS script to do the typesetting.
6d. Not quite sure what this question means. A brief runthrough of my fansubbing process would be something like...

1) Rip my DVDs.
2) Create audio file for timing.
3) Use SSA to time and translate and edit at the same time.
4) Apply typeset (or create typeset if none has been done).
5) Create a full encode for QC.
6) QC the episode for all problems.
7) Fix the problems.
8) Repeat steps 5) to 7).
9) Create a full encode for QC.
10) Send it to my other QCers for QC.
11) Fix the problems.
12) Create final encode for QC.
13) Watch through for any last minute problems.
14) Begin distro if there are no problems.
15) Update website and IRC channel topic.

and yes, I do all of the above myself (except for step 10) of course).

7a. Not planning to retire or quit any time soon.
7b. I don't really like to train much. I prefer people learn on the go. On Job Training if you like. too bad I don't get much recruits. Or any at all.
7c. I can't really be bothered to, although if people ask me, I could just make something up I guess.

I hope that answers all the questions.

- ths1138
ths1138 is offline   Reply With Quote