View Single Post
Old 2008-05-05, 19:27   Link #35
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I don't think "too many" is as much of an issue as "so poorly labeled they should be slapped on general principles".
Yeah, sadly, you got it...

KholdStare, I wouldn't worry about it. As far as I'm aware, not a single mod or admin has suggested legislating spoiler use by punishing the use of tags. The purpose of the spoiler policy is simply to prevent people from being spoiled, and the way the policy proposes to accomplish it is by: (1) encouraging the use of spoiler tags, (2) getting people to label their spoiler correctly, and (3) getting people to not post series-ruining source-material spoilers in the first place. We hope that reducing the over-use of spoiler tags may naturally follow once people get a better understand what is and isn't considered a spoiler, but no one's going to implement it in that way. No one's going to issue an infraction that says "According to Spoiler Policy ASF 51842:2008 revision B clause 2.3.46.2 (a), that technically wasn't a spoiler. You may have thought it was covered under clause 4.2.1.51 (q), but you were wrong. Enjoy your ban!" Well, actually, if I ever saw an infraction exactly like that one, I'd probably laugh... but no, anyway, don't worry.