View Single Post
Old 2008-05-04, 14:36   Link #3
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Why cant we just trust people to have enough sense not to open spoiler tags when they are labeled spoilers?
If you ask me, I think one reason is because spoiler tags have become so commonly-used now that it's really hard to differentiate between the spoilers that you might want to read, and those you probably don't want to read. The other thing, though, is that we also consider spoilers from future source material to be off-topic. If you're talking about an anime, it isn't the right time or place to be like...

Spoiler for manga:
1) How is anyone supposed to know that you're going to what you're spoiling? 2) People who are just watching the anime probably don't want to know what's happening in manga chapter 8192. 3) Not everyone following the manga is at chapter 8192 either. We see this way more often than we care to count. In addition to being inconsiderate, we also consider it off-topic -- it hasn't happened in the anime and is clearly in the future, so let the anime reveal it in due course.

I guess you could say that all policies are created in response to a perceived need. The answer to the "why can't we just trust people" question probably lies in that statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
I have a specific situation i wanted to ask about. in the Clannad thread, there is a discussion on the after story (the second season). Is it alright to mention things in the game about the after story there?
In this case, there's a thread for this express purpose called the Spoiler & Speculation thread. I suggest that would be the best spot for your question (though this is unchanged with this new spoiler policy).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote