View Single Post
Old 2008-04-30, 16:01   Link #39
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
In honor of the Queadluun-Rau finally making it back to
The Queadluun-Rau was the most powerful of the original Zentradi mecha, and they were exclusively piloted by elite female pilots. Even though it was the largest of the Zentradi mecha, it was also the most maneuverable (thanks to the vector control system), and probably the best acceleration as well (based on what we see on-screen). With its huge arsenal of missiles, it can (and does) do massive damage against an enemy formation, and speed away before they can react.
I absolute agree with the Queadluun-Rau being one of the finest machines in Macross. It was also beautiful, to boot. It had excellent speed, maneuverability, protection and to-the-point-no-bullshit firepower. If anyone played ANOTHER CENTURY EPISODE, you will know what I am talking about.

Although I am a bit unsure on its status within the Zentradi/Meltlandi equipment hierarchy. The Nousjadeul-Ger units were clearly meant to be a match (especially if you take DYRL into account), and the Meltlandi would not pilot anything BUT the Queadluun-Rau. Hundreds were shot down in the original TV series, as well as in DYRL.

Aside from Milia, there simply wasn't any notable Meltlandi aces until Chlore was introduced in Macross 7 (who, like Milia, doesn't seem to age). Milia was simply too good of a pilot, and managed to make the Queadluun-Rau to shine even brighter. The only male to ever have the honor of piloting the Queadluun-Rau was Max. Kudos to him, that lucky bastard.

On a Side Note

I am glad the Queadluun-Rau did not make it into BTech. Then again, if it did, BTech would have to come up with a rather lengthy description. It looked uniquely Alien in Macross, and would definitely look out-of-place within the BTech universe.

Another unit that had the fortune of being left out from the BTECH universe was the 'MONSTER' Desroid. Imagine if the MONSTER made it into BTECH, which ever faction to receive them would immediately become the most popular. Four rail guns are just too difficult to resist...

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote