Thread: Licensed Vinland Saga
View Single Post
Old 2008-03-09, 14:10   Link #7
Moonbase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
Chapter 40 pretty much showed us Askeladd might be stronger than Thorkell in combat. Though Thorkell's strength is probably only surpassed by Thors if at all, we now know that it is possible Askeladd was the only person ever to force Thors to use a sword once he achieved true warrior mode.
I don't know about that. Askeladd certainly has the brains to beat Thorkell but I doubt he could overcome the brute. I think Thorfinn has only lasted this long because he is unnaturally fast, a type of fighter that Thorkell hasn't had to fight a lot (i.e. he got bored of the lack of war/challenge, so I can only guess that his delight in fighting Thorfinn is because the child is a new challenge). I saw Askeladd cleave a man in twain, but Thorkell's raw strength is unmatched. Paired with the fact that Askeladd himself said he's getting old, I think Thorkell would kill him in a duel.

I also agree with the people who like the prince. I'm still on the fence about how he'll turn out, but I think the character has a lot of promise to make the plot even more convoluted.
Moonbase is offline   Reply With Quote