View Single Post
Old 2007-12-20, 17:42   Link #5
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
And for a moment there, I wondering why Narukana was left behind in lvls.... not much for being "warrior material"?
Narukana is the cheapest unit ever, she could probably beat the game on her own.

Narukana's lvl thing is hinted in my last post: during the second (or subsequent) playthrough, characters join the party with their endgame stats from the first (or last) playthrough. For example, at the end of the first playthrough, most characters should be around lv30 (which is the cap for the first playthrough). So all characters will carry that level over to the next playthrough.

This isn't much of a problem for characters like Nozomu or Nozomi, who are the initial party members. In hard mode, 30 levels are added to every enemy (so enemies who used to be level 1 are now level 31). So you're basically starting the game with lv30 party members against lv31 enemies.

The problem comes in for members who join the party later in the game. By then, the level of your party and enemies could be in the 40s or even 50s, while the rejoined member is still stuck at lv30. Until you could pull that character back up to speed (which might take a lot of time and mana, especially if the level gap is wide), that character is pretty much useless (not to mention they're still using their now-outdated skillsets from the first playthrough).

Narukana is the last member to join the party, so the problem is the biggest with her. I guess the first playthrough was the only time where she gets to run all over the place and obliterate everything in her path?
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote