Old 2007-11-03, 02:48   Link #11
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
meh you shouldn't gave up

everyone sucked @ smudging the 1st time they tried it

it's actually all about the setting so just look for a tut on it and once you get it, it should be pretty easy

I actually had quite few smudging tuts on my old laptop but too bad my HD was fried so i lost everything or I'd show you
Oh, I am certain one can achieve good smudge effects with the right tips, as I did try to replicate them on my own sigs. I did download tuts, but midway through the list, I realized that those guys worked on CS/CS2 and Photoshop Elements 2.0 didn't share the same commands/options, especially on the topic of customized brush parameters. In other words, it was pretty much a dead end for me and quite a disappointment, too. However, it will still be some time before I switch to CS/CS2 for the reasons I expounded in my first post.

The only other instances where I tried to smudge renders were either to create a makeshift motion blur or in order to color a black and white background (by duplicating the render, smudging and setting the layer's blending mode to either 'soft light' or 'color').

EDIT: new Sousuke Sagara (FMP!) sig.

I'm trying to use some negative space but...well, it's nothing but a mere push in one direction. I'll be vying for simpler designs in the far or near future.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-11-03 at 15:12.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote