View Single Post
Old 2007-10-11, 14:58   Link #96
Richard 23
piko piko pikori

Normally when a series has to transition to backstory and abandon the main characters the audience is familiar with, it's a steep hill to climb. But what an introduction to the arc! Even without K1 and the gang (with Hanyuu, the newly added member, now that she's been introduced to them), I was really sucked in and rewarded by how well they pulled it off.

I am familiar with the TIPS so I knew some bits and pieces of what was in the backstory, but this epidode did a magnificent job of introducing us to Takano's misery, motivation and how she became the bent person that she is. Powerless to powerful and taking her adoptive grandparent's becoming a "God" metaphor way too literally.

People become who they are partly due to what they experienced in their youth. Takano didn't have much of a chance, it would appear, to become anything other than broken.

A QUESTION (I doubt the answer is a spoiler)

I've been meaning to ask, two episodes ago, since last week's finale didn't elaborate: did Irie's "suicide" that happened in the other arcs come as a result of drinking a nice cup of tea? (shown in episode 12) I figured that he was given poison, but we were never told. It would make sense as something similar happened last season to K1 when he overheard at the clinic that he was being served a drugged beverage (after admitting to killing Satoko's horrid uncle). That was when K1 made his wish that Irie would die. I suspected his wish had nothing to do with it of course. There's no reason that I am aware of so far that Irie would knock himself off without any help.

I am so thankful that a sub arrived today. It made my afternoon!

Last edited by Richard 23; 2007-10-11 at 16:18. Reason: picky