AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What happens after a series is completed? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=157672)

silenceblade 2022-01-15 08:43

What happens after a series is completed?

The most enjoyable part of a series is the journey where you get to buy merchanise and discuss online about the story.

What do you do after everything is done? Do you put everything away in a closet and forget about it? At least that is what I do.

Mazryonh 2022-01-15 11:42

If the series is memorable in a good way, I'll rewatch it from time to time. If it's not, I'll sell the discs and merchandise to someone else. If I'm really into the series and want more after it's over, I'll check out fan works like fanfiction and doujinshi titles.

Infinite Zenith 2022-01-15 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by silenceblade (Post 6498855)
The most enjoyable part of a series is the journey where you get to buy merchanise and discuss online about the story.

What do you do after everything is done? Do you put everything away in a closet and forget about it? At least that is what I do.

I tend to revisit a series a few years later to see if I get anything new out of it. Sometimes I don't, but other times, I gain an entirely new experience.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2022-01-15 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by silenceblade (Post 6498855)

That's not really the most enjoyable part for me. If an anime show is truly good then the best part is watching it & feeling it.

Buying merch & discussing it online are tertiary activities that I can do without (I grew up in the 90s before the common internet era btw). As an anime fan, I think what matters most is enjoying the anime itself. And if the shows are over with definitive endings without any continuation (eg. Cowboy Bebop & FMA), it's okay to distance myself from it while the shows themselves stuck in my mind. And if a show is a joy to watch, I'll rewatch it maybe once every 2-5 years or during its anniversary. If I don't want to watch the show again (eg. because it's too sad), I'll just check out reviews of it that comes out from time to time (ditto for reaction videos).

You can also watch in horror when some companies either decide to remake, reboot or continue your precious shows and came up with something bad. Or even worse, watch some companies making live-action versions of your shows just to shit all over them :heh::uhoh:.

silenceblade 2022-01-15 17:00

When you reread a series after it ended you notice several possiblities that are never mentioned.

For example, pokemon games have secrets event that are discovered years after they are completed.
It stress me out that I don't have anyone to discuss it with.

Infinite Zenith 2022-01-15 18:29

That's why I have a blog: it allows me to share my thoughts after the fact, and then people can share their insights, too. I've found forums and social media to be far too unreliable for having any meaningful conversations about deeper and more interesting aspects of anime.

X207 2022-01-28 03:25

for the most part i avoid rewatching some series if they are too many seasons or episodes. Initial D for example is very dangerous. i see a se1 battle and i must see the other battles which ends up binging the complete series that has been broadcasted. any 12-13 episode series is fair game but i know other series are too tempting to binge.

SirJeannot 2023-09-14 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by X207 (Post 6500235)
for the most part i avoid rewatching some series if they are too many seasons or episodes. Initial D for example is very dangerous. i see a se1 battle and i must see the other battles which ends up binging the complete series that has been broadcasted. any 12-13 episode series is fair game but i know other series are too tempting to binge.

funny timing. I was looking at possible new seasons I missed since I last watched around 2008 :heh:
depending on the series, I may watch selected parts (most often) but rarely the whole thing again. there are some exceptions.

Scithe 2024-06-05 22:18

What about writing fan fiction? I don't do it very often but there was one time I finished a series I really loved and felt bummed that it was over. I was just really pulled in and wanted more. So I started writing the next episode. I didn't get very far because I'm not really passionate about writing but I just wasn't ready to let go yet.