AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Girls' Frontline (Android/iOS) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=151475)

MrTerrorist 2018-05-11 05:10

Girls' Frontline (Android/iOS)

So yeah. The game is finally out in english. Anyone playing this game and got some tips?

AnimeFangirl 2018-05-11 06:53

What's the selling point besides butts, boobs and bullets?

Skulkraken 2018-05-12 09:10

I’ve been trying out this game, and it’s actually pretty fun. Not being restricted by a stamina system is great.

User id is 5699.

MrTerrorist 2018-05-15 06:37

Anime PV trailer in the works.

zeross87 2018-05-15 08:09

i can't seem to find it on applestore EU :(

MrTerrorist 2018-05-15 19:30

^You can try downloading the APK file instead.

Marcus H. 2018-05-15 20:19

Or just download it through QooApp, if it's available there.

I've watched the gameplay footage, and I was shocked to find out that it relied on chibi art to depict in-game combat. It's rather weird, considering how gritty the character design is. Maybe I was just spoiled by Dragon Nest Mobile and Toji no Miko: Kizamishi Issen no Tomoshibi, mobile games with full 3D in-game combat.

Cosmic Eagle 2018-05-16 02:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 6236390)
Or just download it through QooApp, if it's available there.

I've watched the gameplay footage, and I was shocked to find out that it relied on chibi art to depict in-game combat. It's rather weird, considering how gritty the character design is. Maybe I was just spoiled by Dragon Nest Mobile and Toji no Miko: Kizamishi Issen no Tomoshibi, mobile games with full 3D in-game combat.

Granblue and many others are the same

Marcus H. 2018-05-16 09:22

Granblue and Danmachi had chibi sprites that match the overall art direction of the game. Girls Frontline's art go from gritty blacks of the cutscenes and original character designs to the bright, seemingly RPG Maker-esque pallettes in battle.

MrTerrorist 2018-05-20 21:59

Currently the servers are down and will be back up soon.

EDIT:Servers are back and users get 2000 resources each as compensation.

Clarkies 2018-05-21 18:12

So, this is like Kancolle?

LoweGear 2018-05-21 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarkies (Post 6238326)
So, this is like Kancolle?

On the surface sure. However, GF has a lot more tactics involved especially in later chapters, since the game gives the player a lot more ways to control their forces; like there being no 'routing' since movement is left entirely to player control, being able to deploy multiple teams in a mission, and even being able to move your girls around during battle. Also, the game has an actual story and characters.

As a 'game', I definitely rate this a lot higher than Kancolle.

Clarkies 2018-05-22 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 6238379)
On the surface sure. However, GF has a lot more tactics involved especially in later chapters, since the game gives the player a lot more ways to control their forces; like there being no 'routing' since movement is left entirely to player control, being able to deploy multiple teams in a mission, and even being able to move your girls around during battle. Also, the game has an actual story and characters.

As a 'game', I definitely rate this a lot higher than Kancolle.

Well, you've just convinced me to play this game! I'll try it out and see how it goes.

LoweGear 2018-06-01 22:12

You know one of GFs best features, asides from all the great QoL features they have that make the game so much better to play?

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

dragon1412 2018-06-01 22:31

seem like the game is in good trend, is there anyone who could give me the opinion of which version is best to get into ??? Kr, TW, CN or EN one ??? or should i just wait for JP

LoweGear 2018-06-01 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragon1412 (Post 6242449)
seem like the game is in good trend, is there anyone who could give me the opinion of which version is best to get into ??? Kr, TW, CN or EN one ??? or should i just wait for JP

Depends on what you're comfortable with. Obviously CN, TW and KR will have more content having run much longer, but EN starting out means that you're able to avail of early-game exclusive content (like Five-Seven in the currently running Trimagic Square event) and of course having the entire game in English.

dragon1412 2018-06-02 00:38

so i guess EN then, i don't knew CN or KR is one thing. But early game exclusive content really is the only choice.

Tenzen12 2018-06-09 08:56

Started play it recently and it pretty fun, it also doesn't seeem too hard get decent roster of units, especially as Free AFs are pretty good (I hope last member of team doesn't kick bucket. She looks really cool and I would hate use my fresh 5 star AF: 416 if that happened.

But there is indeed one serious problem with this game: Why I can flirt with anyone except best girl Ms. Helian? This game should really get it's priorities straight!

LoweGear 2018-06-09 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenzen12 (Post 6245059)

But there is indeed one serious problem with this game: Why I can flirt with anyone except best girl Ms. Helian? This game should really get it's priorities straight!

.... you know, that is a very good question.

I mean, given that her mixers are mostly failures, she's still very much available. :uhoh::)

Lhklan 2018-06-09 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenzen12 (Post 6245059)
Started play it recently and it pretty fun, it also doesn't seeem too hard get decent roster of units, especially as Free AFs are pretty good (I hope last member of team doesn't kick bucket. She looks really cool and I would hate use my fresh 5 star AF: 416 if that happened.

Who? M16?

As for Helian, my personal pet theory is that she's Kryuger's - aka our Big Boss - relative, probably his adopted daughter or something. Which is nobody dared getting more dates with her.