AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   KanColle (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Kancolle - Characters discussion - Battleships (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=130628)

Klashikari 2015-01-31 16:28

Kancolle - Characters discussion - Battleships

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Battleships related.

As a reminder, here is a list of the battleships who made at least a cameo in the anime:

7 Battleships:
-Nagato-class Battleship, Nagato
-Nagato-class Battleship, Mutsu
-Kongou-class Battleship, Kongou
-Kongou-class Battleship, Hiei
-Kongou-class Battleship, Haruna
-Kongou-class Battleship, Kirishima
-Yamato-class Battleship, Yamato

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Kancolle fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.
  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

Death Usagi 2015-02-01 03:31

My favorite is Kirishima.

IT'S MIC CHECK TIME!!! >:3

Kinda sad there is no BBV in the anime though :/

Qikz 2015-02-01 08:27

I'm officially in love with the Kongou sisters. I'm not entirely sure what else I can say other than Hey!

AC-Phoenix 2015-02-01 20:09

I wish Mutsu would be as lively in the game as in the Anime, instead of constatly telling me to not play around with fire...

(Yeah i know there is a reason for that ;) )

If you excuse me I got to find a brazier for my office now :cool:

blitz1/2 2015-02-01 22:50

Anime changed my view on Haruna FOREVER.

Death Usagi 2015-02-02 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz1/2 (Post 5425230)
Anime changed my view on Haruna FOREVER.

O our goddess Haruna~~~ Why~~~~ Q.Q

Klashikari 2015-02-02 11:13

It isn't like Haruna was fundamentally different in the anime. She's just shown another side of hers when she is with Kongou.
In fact, it is a bit consistent that Haruna and Kirishima are following Kongou's antics (which is also the case in other spin off like the 4koma), although they aren't obsessed like Hiei.

I will give you that it was unexpected she would have performed a sneaky roll or the booby trap, but besides that, she is pretty much the same.

Death Usagi 2015-02-02 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 5425775)
It isn't like Haruna was fundamentally different in the anime. She's just shown another side of hers when she is with Kongou.
In fact, it is a bit consistent that Haruna and Kirishima are following Kongou's antics (which is also the case in other spin off like the 4koma), although they aren't obsessed like Hiei.

I will give you that it was unexpected she would have performed a sneaky roll or the booby trap, but besides that, she is pretty much the same.

Yeah I know XD

Her doing the Rolling and such was really hilarious though :heh:

cloud04 2015-02-02 13:48

they all trained under snake i call it!

blakstealth 2015-02-05 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qikz (Post 5424404)
I'm officially in love with the Kongou sisters. I'm not entirely sure what else I can say other than Hey!

Wow! Congratulation!

Myssa Rei 2015-02-08 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 5425775)

Some people have obviously not read the chapter where the sisters try crafting Sanshikidan... Where we have Kongou carrying Haruna over her shoulders while Kirishima I think shouted encouragements. :heh:

Estavali 2015-02-08 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myssa Rei (Post 5432547)
Some people have obviously not read the chapter where the sisters try crafting Sanshikidan... Where we have Kongou carrying Haruna over her shoulders while Kirishima I think shouted encouragements. :heh:

Haruna was still the sane one there though :heh:

kaizerknight01 2015-02-10 11:32

panzerfan 2015-02-10 16:24

I am hopeful for A-150 design Yamato for some reason. I am ok with her either being a separate battleship, or Yamato kai2...
maybe it's because the 51cm guns have made it to the game. There was a proposal made by vice admiral Hiiraga that would have given Fuso the triple 41cm guns in real life.

chaosprophet 2015-02-10 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by panzerfan (Post 5434602)
I am hopeful for A-150 design Yamato for some reason. I am ok with her either being a separate battleship, or Yamato kai2...
maybe it's because the 51cm guns have made it to the game. There was a proposal made by vice admiral Hiiraga that would have given Fuso the triple 41cm guns in real life.

We already know her design on the anime for some time as she is on the characters section on the official site. She also appears in the OP and some promotion material.

panzerfan 2015-02-10 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosprophet (Post 5434603)
We already know her design on the anime for some time as she is on the characters section on the official site. She also appears in the OP and some promotion material.

Oh no. This one that I am referring to is a paper project successor to the Yamato. Japan had done studies after Yamato on a follow-up that was properly designed to withstand Yamato class in battle. It called for the use of 51cm/45 (20.1") guns. The proposal was scaled down to a ship close to Yamato's displacement, with 3x dual mounted 51cm guns, and boasting Akizuki style long 10cm/65 guns for air defense.

The designs were tabled in 1941, but the age of battleship was over.

chaosprophet 2015-02-10 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by panzerfan (Post 5434616)
Oh no. This one that I am referring to is a paper project successor to the Yamato. Japan had done studies after Yamato on a follow-up that was properly designed to withstand Yamato class in battle. It called for the use of 51cm/45 (20.1") guns. The proposal was scaled down to a ship close to Yamato's displacement, with 3x dual mounted 51cm guns, and boasting Akizuki style long 10cm/65 guns for air defense.

The designs were tabled in 1941, but the age of battleship was over.

Ah you mean about the game. It would be interesting to have her kai ni be something like that with a 51 gun as stock equipment.

bhl88 2015-02-10 16:54

How heavy are the 51 cm guns? I know that the 46 cm is as heavy as a destroyer...

panzerfan 2015-02-10 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl88 (Post 5434630)
How heavy are the 51 cm guns? I know that the 46 cm is as heavy as a destroyer...

Roughly the same as the 46cm in triple mount. We are looking at close to 3000 tons a piece. You can't have a gun any heavier than that when you are not exceeding Yamato's dimensions. This is why I am somewhat hopeful for Yamato to get a kai2 form where she gets this gun, or that it'll be a new shipgirl who will wield this gun.

RapidPotential 2015-02-10 20:34

The Kongou sisters are all nutcases but in the case of the younger two, it is quite obvious they are at least saner than the older pair. However sane they are though, they do have some fairly odd thought processes but that may be the influence of Kongou herself showing through her sisters' actions.