AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) Odd Taxi (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=156567)

Guardian Enzo 2021-04-06 08:33

Odd Taxi

Note to mods: This should be in Current, but there appears to have never been a thread created.

Needless to say, this is going to be a niche series, but I found the premiere to be quite interesting. First-time anime writer and director, cast full of manzai comedians, and all of the characters are animals. I'm not sure what to make of it yet but I can say for sure it's different, and that's a significant positive.

Last Sinner 2021-04-06 10:04

Sincerely hoping this delivers. This was the one title that seemed to have anything to it this season.

Dop 2021-04-06 15:44

I quite liked that, there's clearly a lot more going on than first appears.

SeijiSensei 2021-04-07 12:07

Me, too. I had fun from start to finish and liked its dark side. Could be the same world Retsuko works in.

There certainly are a lot of adult males harboring teen-aged girls this season.

I assume the number of postings in this thread is indicative of the visibility of this show.

Nachtwandler 2021-04-07 18:33

There were a bunch of hints in this ep. that all characters are actually human and it is just that MC has some metal disorder.

Overall I can understand why this series is not that popular: it is pretty slow-paced despite multiple plotlines and twists. But it is right up my alley for now.

Also, Natsuki Hanae sounds pretty different here for once.

Guardian Enzo 2021-04-07 20:45

I'm trying to decide whether Hanae is so miscast it kind of works, or just so miscast. He sounds pretty much the same to me.

There does seem to be a lot of opinion that the animal thing is a delusion, and that maybe it's the stray cat at his apartment, not the teenaged girl. Will be interesting to see where the show goes with that.

Thor's Hammer 2021-04-07 21:25

I don't believe that the animal thing is a delusion given that everyone is portrayed as an animal even when Odakawa is not present. I don't see what logical reason there would be to show everyone be an animal other than it being what those involved with the project had in mind from the beginning.

Nachtwandler 2021-04-08 03:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer (Post 6468393)
I don't believe that the animal thing is a delusion given that everyone is portrayed as an animal even when Odakawa is not present. I don't see what logical reason there would be to show everyone be an animal other than it being what those involved with the project had in mind from the beginning.

The reason is simple — to keep us deceived. If it is planned as a big but hinted plot twist, they should keep it till the end.

Guardian Enzo 2021-04-08 04:03

The real twist would be if that were the case, but he was actually still a walrus...

frodonk 2021-04-08 12:30

Well this was certainly .. odd ... huehuehue

"You're the only Alpaca around here" seems to suggest that they're all animals and it isn't only inside Odokawa's mind, but we'll see.

Nachtwandler 2021-04-08 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by frodonk (Post 6468552)
"You're the only Alpaca around here" seems to suggest that they're all animals and it isn't only inside Odokawa's mind, but we'll see.

Actually not. Her reaction suggested she found it funny to be called alpaca.

Cloudedmind 2021-04-09 00:16

I wasn't really sure what to expect coming into this, but either way it's hooked me.

And, I'm with Nachtwandler. I didn't realize that was Hanae at all, and thought he did a pretty good job here.

SeijiSensei 2021-04-12 14:18

Another great episode, and one where the missing girl isn't mentioned at all!

The nurse is so nice that I have been suspicious of her from the beginning.

Still a lot of threads being pulled here. I imagine they'll all get tangled together soon.

Last Sinner 2021-04-14 08:32

Well, whatever is going on, it hasn't disappointed so far. There's intrigue to any character and that there is a greater agenda that they could be involved with. At the very least, the way episode 2 ended certainly provides tension for the next episode. Glad to roll along with this. I just hope that unlike other titles of late, this one actually comes to a satisfying conclusion.

Yu Ominae 2021-04-15 08:14

Watching it now. Looks interesting.

PS - I've seen a lot of the private taxis like the one Odokawa uses. But I've only ridden in cabs from big companies in Tokyo.

Yu Ominae 2021-04-20 03:12

3rd episode is out.

And I'm smiling the moment Kuroda started to speak.

gecd 2021-04-20 05:41

I really love that Alpaca character
guess, I am a furry now

she's still very suspicious though

SeijiSensei 2021-04-20 08:15

What's not to love about this series? Interesting characters, witty dialogue, a jazzy score, and occasionally some beautiful artwork. This conversation between Odakawa and the nurse was both thoughtful and hilarious.

https://www.takinganimeseriously.com...axi-autumn.png

They do win the "odd couple" award of the season so far in my book. But then, it's "Odd Taxi."

Nachtwandler 2021-04-20 09:44

Yup. And the plot is pretty complicated. Reminds me of typical Ryogo Narita style.

Though I am not sure if this series is popular enough.

Last Sinner 2021-04-21 08:53

Continues to build, hardly puts a foot wrong. You get the time and the reasons to care about the characters involved. Just when I thought content in 2021 had completely abandoned that concept.